Talent Marketing Agent
CSE is looking for a Talent Marketing Agent to work in the Marketing and Sponsorship division of the company. With offices in Atlanta, New York City, and Richmond, CSE specializes in career development, contract negotiation, marketing, and content opportunities as well as tailored public relations campaigns and initiatives, personal foundation and charitable work, and client services. CSE represents a wide array of clients, including pro and collegiate coaches, front office staff, news, and sports media talent, professional athletes, and influencers. The Talent Marketing Agent will be responsible for building relationships with brands and connecting them with our clients.
DEAL MAKING/PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
- Responsible for identifying, negotiating, securing, and executing marketing deals, including but not limited to brand partnerships, corporate partnerships, media tours, digital marketing, social media influencer programs, speaking engagements, appearances, autograph signings, trade outs, and other incremental revenue-generating opportunities for all CSE Talent clients.
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline that leads to negotiated deals. Meet or exceed annual revenue goals across influencer and branded content partnerships.
- Work closely with internal legal division on the drafting, reviewing, and completion of industry-related contracts.
- Interacts daily with clients and all appropriate agencies/properties to manage projects in a timely fashion.
- Plans and leads client status calls which include scheduling and preparing agendas or status documents
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with clients to ensure premier service and provide client-focused solutions.
- Cultivate and establish key relationships with the marketing personnel of clients’ employers (e.g., networks, teams, schools, etc.) to secure content marketing opportunities.
- Establish and grow effective long-term relationships with Fortune 500 corporate brands, marketing/advertising agencies, and other key business entities for client partnership opportunities on national, regional, and local levels.
- Cultivate, sustain, and enhance business relationships with the top national Speakers Bureaus for client opportunities.
- Source new sales and marketing opportunities, negotiate marketing deals, effectively build and maintain relationships.
- Proactively generate new marketing leads and relationships for the agency.
- Gain thorough knowledge of current clients’ careers and personalities.
- Work alongside internal teams to understand clients, collaborate and communicate with the agents and clients, and work as a team player.
- Maintain a strong level of professionality and collaboration to best represent the agency and clients.
- Strong relationships with cryptocurrency and blockchain companies to secure partnerships and develop NFTs for clients.
- Assist in the strategic development of digital marketing and social media platform plans for clients.
- Research, identify, and take action on potential areas of organic growth for the Talent Representation marketing division.
- Responsible for prospecting, building pitch materials and making outbound sales calls and pitches.
- Obtain products and services based on clients’ preferences or brands of interest.
- Advise clients on the creation and optimization of digital/social channels and institute best practices for the advancement of influencer opportunities for the purpose of mining CSE’s client roster for new influencers and related commercial opportunities.
- Manage incoming queries for clients; answer, screen, and direct incoming telephone calls ensuring a high level of professional customer service and confidentiality.
- Effectively create talent brand-building strategies, sales-marketing presentations, and proposals for client partnership opportunities.
- Identify and create individual brand plans for key clients as identified by you and the agents.
- Build and execute individual marketing strategy for select clients to ensure agency is delivering specialized and tailored results.
- Continue to identify new potential business partners, vet them accordingly, identify opportunities for our clients, and keep our agents informed throughout the process.
- Generates and updates marketing and advertising materials for clients.
- Generates and updates internal marketing charts and status reports for agency.
- Creates activation briefs and meeting recaps.
- Provides portfolio analysis, identifying relevant opportunities that yield strategic recommendations for clients.
- Identifies and stays on top of industry trends.
- Accesses clients’ social media analytics and continues to evolve and adapt client social media strategy for influencer marketing partnerships.
- Conducts research and analysis to gain a greater knowledge of businesses and industries in order to create the best opportunities for our clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- HBCU/AA and other minority serving institution experience and relationships preferred.
- Experience with diversity talent, talent, sports marketing.
- 8-10 years of hands-on experience in the talent marketing, agent, or sports marketing space.
- Comprehensive understanding of sports/entertainment and individual brand marketing.
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proactive, team player, self-motivated, organized, over-communicator.
- Must be an exceptional communicator (written and oral) who overdelivers and strives to impress everyone around him/her with work ethic, professionality, and willingness to go above and beyond.
- Capable of quick decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be passionate about creative ideation, developing, and finishing the job all the way through.
- Deep understanding of our business to allow for minimal ramp-up time.
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt client strategy to deliver custom results to clients.
- Demonstrate good business sense overall and ability to define key issues.
- Must be able to think strategically, creatively, and problem-solve independently (and in groups).
- Must be able to communicate and connect effectively and personably, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience.
- Must be driven to increase industry knowledge and work to stay ahead of the curve.
- Must have uncompromised ethics, integrity and discretion with company and client information.
- Deep understanding of how marketing at varying revenue levels is an immense retention and growth tool for the client and agency at large, and how marketing fits into the strategy at large.
CSE teams are currently working remote but office flex-time is available.
CSE, LLC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.